November 30, 2009

delayed...

Sorry for the lack of action in the past few weeks, but it's been quite hectic since shadow, what with all the travelling and getting ready for the swear-in ceremony last Wednesday.  I am now at site, so things are beginning to settle down.  The three days I've spent here at site have been rough.  It's like adjusting to life in a new place all over again, except you don't have a family waiting on you hand and foot.  Luckily, some of the teachers/administration at the school have taken me under their wing as I learn how to live by myself in rural Tanzania, which is certainly not the easiest of tasks.  Getting violently sick from food poisoning on the second day didn't help at all either, but I've recovered after 48 hours with the help and care of my fellow walimu (teachers).  I'll be sure to post again soon, that's all for now!