February 11, 2011

new psas

Unless you're following them on Twitter or Facebook, you probably weren't aware that Peace Corps recently released some new PSA print ads for publications and such. You can find them here.

One of the ads in particular caught my attention:

Let me preface this by reminding everyone that this blog contains my own opinions and has no official affiliation with the Peace Corps as a government organization, and that I understand the reference they are making here. But when I saw this ad, immediately my first thought was "No, actually you're mistaken. There is an app for this. And the process behind it is long and drawn out, requiring infinite patience and a will-power able to withstand months of ambiguity. Oh, is there an app for this!"

I wonder if any other Volunteers reacted the same way after seeing this ad.